Have you ever noticed your nails? Some of the people will say yes because they are the ones who maintain the nail appearance as it is a part of self-grooming. On the other hand, some people occasionally pay attention to their nails. The nails are a very important part of our body, and they are the things that protect our body from exterior damage. You need to know that the nails are made up of keratin, which is the protein that is helpful in the formation of hair and the skin epidermis. They protect our fingers from damages, but along with that, the fingernails also tell us about health problems and conditions.
8 Signs will Say That Your Nails Wheather Healthy Or Not
Healthy nails are really important than you might think of it, so you need to know about the signs of it in order to make sure that yours are ok. Unhealthy nails are the thing that can become a problem really quickly. It is essential for you to take proper care of your nails so that they can be maintained healthy. You will be surprised to know that not taking care of your nails doesn’t only affect nail health, but it also indicates some possibilities of another kind of health issue.
Signs of healthy nails!
- The healthy nails always appear to be in the color of pink or mauve. However, it is not the color of the nail itself, but it is the tissue of your skin that is underneath your nail. If your nails are of pinkish or mauve color, then it means you have good and healthy nails. This is a sign which means you are completely hydrated and there is a good flow of blood in your tissues.
- If your nails are really strong and they don’t break easily, then there are chances that they are healthy nails. It signifies that you have the healthy nails which everyone needs for good overall health.
- Another thing that shows that your nails are healthy. When you don’t bite your nails, if you are not biting your nails, then you can relax because your nails are safe from any sort of infection and any other kind of worries.
- When your nails have cuticles, then it means you are having good health of nails. You need to know that the cutting of cuticles can prove to be very damaging for your nails which can also give a risk of developing another kind of health issues.
- If there is no discoloration or dark lines under your nails, then you can get a relaxed breath because your nails are completely healthy, and you don’t need to worry about anything.
Signs of unhealthy nails!
- Yellow nails are serious issues, and it shows that you have unhealthy nails. You need to know that this is the most common type of nail problem, and there are a lot of things that can lead to yellowed nails, such as smoking, infection, using harsh nail products.
- Another sign of unhealthy nails is that you have brittle or peeling nails. You might not realize this thing, but your nails are not a solid piece. It is important for you to know that the nails are made from the protein, which is called keratin. For preventing peeling nails, you should limit the exposure of hand to the water and wear gloves while washing dishes.
- Some people notice the white spots in their nails, which they think occur because of the deficiency of zinc and calcium. But it is not at all true because most of the time, the trauma which is caused on the base of the nails can lead to the occurrence of white spots. It might seem like your nails are unhealthy, but they are fine. You only have to wait for your nail to grow so that they can cut away.
The final sayings!
By now, you might have got enough knowledge about the signs of healthy nails and unhealthy nails. If you notice the signs of unhealthy nails and they are severe, then you should surely consult your doctor. When there are mild signs of unhealthy nails, then they can be treated at home by providing proper care to your nails.